What does the bible say .. in Proverbs 31.
15 – She rises also while it is still night and gives food to her household and portions to her maidens.
Wakes up early and prepares for the day. Self-disciplined.
16– She considers a field and buys it; From her earnings she plants a vineyard.
Spends her money wisely.
17 – She girds herself with strength and makes her arms strong.
Strengthens herself physically (and spiritually). Stays energetic.
20– She extends her hand to the poor, and she stretches out her hands to the needy
Generous to the needy. Cares for others, not only herself. Unselfish.
25– Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she smiles at the future.
Optimistic and confident about her future.
27 – She looks well to the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Takes care of the home. Isn’t lazy.
26 – She opens her mouth in wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.
Speaks with wisdom and encouragement.
13– She looks for wool and flax and works with her hands in delight.
Works hard and does it joyfully.
22– She makes coverings for herself; her clothing is fine linen and purple.
Takes care of her outside appearance.
30– Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised.
As you prepare yourself for the right <a>partner</a> God has for you and as you grow into being the great woman that God wants you to be…..
1. Know your value: As a young woman, you must value yourself first before you expect others to value you. There will be some people who will try to bring you down. But being a person of worth is a personal choice. Every time you look at a person to feel worthy, you are giving that person the power to hurt you. Know that you are precious from the second you were born. And you are so loved by God that He decided to send His Son to die for you!
2. Don’t be super-spiritual: I do not know how else to put it. Some girls seem to live in the extreme nature of spiritualizing everything. Not everyone you are going to meet is the one that God wants you to marry. From wanting to eat a donut to wearing their favorite dress, everything seems to be a vision or a dream they say they saw day before yesterday. Don’t be so spiritual-minded that you are of no earthly use, and don’t be so earthly-minded that you are of no heavenly use either.
3. Protect your body: Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. You don’t have to share your body to be accepted. Guard your body, feelings and emotions from people that take advantage of it. Your body first belongs to God, then to your partner after you are married. Your past baggage can cause trouble in your present unless you let your heart and mind be renewed by the Word of God and the blood of Jesus Christ, our Savior.
4. Guard your worth: As the rule goes, “No woman should pursue a man.” The demonic nature of domestic violence and abuse can be averted in advance when you learn to say “no” to being treated without worth. When you do not know your worth, then you become an easy prey to being taken advantage of. Stay away from people who manipulate you with words or deeds.
5. Flee bad behavior: I am amazed by how some women repeatedly attract abusive relationships. Even after knowing that the guy is abusive, violent, an alcoholic, tells lies, and has other crazy habits, some women still proceed with those friendships. This is basically rooted in the “Saviour” attitude. Don’t try to fill in God’s shoes by feeling obliged to save the guy by yourself. The man has to grow to be responsible to take care of a woman. It can be emotional or mental abuse even from a friend of the same gender. It’s good to check if you intentionally overlook bad behaviors.
6. Pursue humility: A woman’s real beauty lies in her inward character. Don’t let your hurts, rejections and pain make you adamant or arrogant in trying to prove yourself. Humility and submission are the basics of a woman who possesses inward beauty. The humility in you opens you to have a teachable spirit. “An arrogant heart creates a foolish woman” (<a>Proverbs 9:13</a>). Don’t be the kind of woman who lacks femininity in your character. Run away from the ‘women-must-rule’ mentality. Be respectful and full of love as the Lord wants you to be.
7. Guard your mouth: Guard yourself from the ‘I’m-desperate’ type of conversations that eventually lead to sin.
Fill your heart with godly things; guard your ears from silly talks; and never stop learning. These will cause you to speak things that are fruitful and <a>encouraging</a>. It’s always good, from time to time, to check if your conversations are at a tangent and not God-centered. Every day, check to see if you have been loose-talking.
8. Pursue Godly <a>friendships</a>: If your friends are not rooted in the Word of God, chances are that they could take you away from God. There are great dangers in trying to understand the world and life from another woman who is filled with worldly passions. A woman who has had unhappy relationships will not be able to guide you about how you treat your man. Find godly and matured mothers and sisters who are women of great faith. They will be able to guide you in the path that pleases God.
9. Be Persistent in your Pursuit of God. Remember not to <a>give up</a>. Success never comes overnight. Pursue God with all your heart and the Lord will help you grow in the character that pleases Him. And when you remain in God, the Lord will make your ways a blessing to your family and others.
A <a>woman</a> who is fully consecrated to the Lord will do wonders and bring glory to the name of Jesus!
God gave us emotions to experience life, not destroy it!
<photo id=”1″ />